Therapeutic Massage and Energy Services
About your session:
All clients remain fully clothed, You lie back comfortably on a massage table while the practitioner uses the modality of choice or an eclectic blend. See below for more on each modality.
Therapeutic Massage comes in many varieties. All forms increase circulation which helps nourish your body and promote the release of toxins from the tissue. Massage also helps to restore range of motion (movement) and flexibility. As increased circulation brings nutrients and oxygen to the tissues, the mind and body begin to unwind, and allows for a deeper level of self-awareness and relaxation.
- Myofascial release is a therapeutic approach of massage therapy which works with the muscle and surrounding connective tissue called fascia. The practitioner engages the tissue and with pressure, sinks deeply into it to the level of the restriction (tension) or limitation to affect a stretch in the fascia. Depending on the work needed, the client may passively receive the stretch, or assist the practitioner in creating a releasing stretch. As the restriction releases, the practitioner eases pressure applied and moves to the next area of restriction. With skill and patience, even painful areas can be released gently to help restore freedom of movement. It’s an excellent choice for chronic pain suffers, re occurrence of old injury pain, trauma induced tissue dysfunction, and postural limitations.
- Neuromuscular Therapy, also known as NMT, is a form of massage that uses deep finger pressure and friction to effect changes in the muscle or fascia. Pressure is applied perpendicularly to the muscle to address trigger points, congestion, and compression of nerves by soft tissue. In Neuromuscular Therapy (NMT)Specific points in the soft tissue are chosen for direct pressure to relieve pain and help balance the central nervous system. Trigger points are small areas in the muscle and by nature are hypersensitive areas causing pain due to muscle contracture. They may also cause referred pain to other areas. In NMT, trigger points are addressed, and congested areas are massaged to promote circulation.
- Reflexology – If you love a good foot massage, consider a reflexology session. Drawing from eastern traditions of energy movement, Reflexology brings all the relaxation of a good foot massage and wellness benefits too. Reflexology works by activating reflexes using the meridians that pass through the feet and corresponding areas in the body, In this way the entire body is represented and invites the whole body to release tension and stress. You will uncover lower leg shins, ankles, and feet. A crème is used to aid in flow of strokes. A firm and gentle massage of the feet/ankles will warm the area to prepare for deeper work of the reflexes. Both feet will be addressed with reflexology finger, thumb, and hand movements that will work each area of the feet.
- Reiki – Originating in Japan, Reiki is a technique for relaxation and stress reduction. Awareness that an unseen energy flows through all living things and directly affects the quality of a person’s health has been part of the wisdom of many cultures since ancient times. Life energy goes by many names: qi, ki, or prana. Science refers to it as biofield energy. When your life energy is low, it is more difficult to deal with stress; you may not sleep well, and you’re more susceptible to illness. When your life energy is strong, you can more easily deal with stress, and are less likely to get sick. Reiki energy allows muscles to relax and increases blood flow to treated areas. Practitioners and clients report help with stress, headaches, insomnia, upset stomach, sprains and other minor conditions; as well as promoting feelings of relaxation, peace and well-being. The practitioner lays hands lightly on or just above the body to improve the flow of energy inviting greater health and wellness. Tissue is not manipulated. Reiki is also simple and easy to learn. Classes are available.
- Crystal Reiki – A more ‘elemental’ Reiki session, Crystal Reiki session includes a pre-consultation for choosing crystals and a sacred grid to enhance the Reiki energy for the session.
- Process Acupressure is a holistic way to work with the energy of body and soul for healing and growth. It draws from ancient eastern traditions using the meridian and Chakra systems. Light finger pressure is applied to energy windows along pathways of the body. Process work invites self-awareness and reflection. Its goal is to balance energy promoting clarity and integration. It can be deeply relaxing as well as offer insights into personal and spiritual awareness.